The main function of the Corporate Strategy and Performance department is to determine, in consultation with the senior management and the GCAA sectors, the direction of the GCAA over the next strategic cycle.
As often said, “if you cannot measure it, you cannot manage it”, the Corporate Strategy and Performance department promotes a systematic and integrated approach that assists the GCAA Business Units to translate the organizational strategy into core initiatives and activities. It provides a framework for organizing, and analyzing the Business Units’ activities, develop performance metrics and produces analytical reports on progress against Key Performance Indicators to empower and facilitate management decisions.
The main responsibilities of the department are:
- Develop and run the performance management process for GCAA.
- In consultation with Business Unit heads, define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in accordance with strategic priorities in the strategic plan and assist the Business Units in developing initiatives and programs to meet strategic objectives.
- Collect performance data and produce consolidated periodical performance reports.
- Help instill a culture of innovation within GCAA and in the UAE aviation sector, including the management of awards.
- Conduct research, collect, analyze and maintain statistics on the UAE civil aviation.