Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Systems
Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Systems Department has the following main functions:
- CNS engineering, responsible for:
- Air situation picture display at Area Control Centre and the Emergency Area Control Centre.
- Communications equipment including VHF/UHF Communications, Voice Communication Control Systems (VCCS), Air Traffic Services (ATS) message handling switch (AFTN/AMHS), etc.
- Voice and data links to domestic airports and neighboring countries.
- Several remote sites for communication and surveillance systems.
- Operational cyber security.
- CNS Maintenance, responsible for:
- Facilities management, mechanical, electrical and general maintenance of the Centre and the remote sites.
- LEED Compliance.