Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Systems
Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Systems Department has four main functions, namely:
- CNS engineering, responsible for:
- Air situation picture display at Area Control Centre and the Emergency Centre;
- Communications equipment including Voice Communication Control Systems (VCCS), Air Traffic Services (ATS); message handling switch etc…;
- Voice and data links to domestic airports and neighboring countries;
- Off-site radars
- Mechanical and Electrical engineering
Responsible for facilities management, mechanical, electrical and general maintenance of the Centre and its remote radar sites
- IT engineering
Responsible for the maintenance of Office Computer, Operational Support network, and other peripherals.
- CNS training and periodical competency checks of engineers and technicians.