The GCAA-Sheikh Zayed Air Navigation Centre (SZC) eagerly offers the ATC Training program for UAE Nationals and aims for maximizing the number of potential and capable UAE national controllers.
ATC Training Program Objectives:
Upon completion of the ATC Training Phases, the Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO) will be able to:
- Facilitate the flow of air traffic in the UAE Flight Information Region (FIR).
- Separate aircrafts in accordance with the International Civil Aviation Authority (ICAO) and UAE Civil Aviation Regulations (CARs) to prevent Mid-air collision.
- Warn flight crew about danger, restricted and prohibited zones that might compromise the safety of the flight.
- Sequence aircrafts arriving at UAE airports and vice versa in addition to passing information to adjacent ATC units.
- Handle emergencies, unusual occurrences and complex situations.
What are the types of ATC and which of them do we provide at Sheikh Zayed Air Navigation Centre (SZC)?
ATC is divided into three parts: Control tower, Approach control and the Area control.
They work in extreme harmony to maintain a safe environment and we at SZC provide the Area Control Training.
This unique type of ATC is responsible for controlling the air traffic volume flying over the UAE skies. Every aircraft that departs, arrives, and overflies the UAE airspace communicates with an Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO) operating at the UAE Area Control Centre (ACC) located at SZC. The ATCO role is to direct and guide flight crew toward their destination or toward the adjacent ATC units. Therefore, the Sheikh Zayed Air Navigation Centre (SZC) serves as a link between different entities in case of emergencies that comprise any potential to adversely affect the safety of the flight.
What are the requirements to join the GCAA National ATC Program?
- Age between 19 – 25 years old.
- A holder of High School Certificate with a minimum average of 70%.
- Ability to understand and fluently communicate in English.
- Completion of the Military Service training.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and maintain calm manners when under pressure.
The GCAA is responsible for the full training expenses and UAE National trainees will be provided with the following
- Monthly Allowance.
- Medical Insurance.
- Structured Theory and Practical Training.
- Accommodation for all trainees residing outside the city of Abu Dhabi.
- GCAA ATC License upon the successful completion of the ATC training program.
- Guaranteed Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO) Position at SZC upon the successful completion of the training program with an attractive package.
For information about the program or to apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org