Aviation Security Affairs
Head of Sector: Hamad Al Muhairi, Assistant Director General for Aviation Security Affairs Sector
The main mission of the Aviation Security Affairs Sector is to support the UAE Federal Government in the development, review and implementation of national aviation security policies and legislation, as well as regulations on transport of dangerous goods by air.
The main responsibilities of the sector are:
- Ensuring the development, maintenance and issuance of aviation security regulations.
- Development, maintenance and issuance of the National Civil Aviation Security Program (NCASP), including National Programs on Aviation Security Training, Quality Control, Facilitation, Regulated Agents and Security Screener Certification.
- Approval and acceptance of Aviation Security Programs for airports, aircraft operators and other entities as appropriate.
- Compliance monitoring through inspections and audits of airports, aircraft operators, in-flight catering providers, regulated agents and security-training organizations.
- Supporting the National Civil Aviation Security and Facilitation Committee, and the Technical Civil Aviation Security and Facilitation Committee, as required by the UAE Federal Government.
- Cooperation and maintenance of aviation security intelligence network with domestic and international Security Authorities and Agencies.
- Foster and promote international cooperation on aviation security.
- Support the UAE Federal government in pursuing International Aviation Security bilateral and multilateral agreements.
- Ensure the establishment, maintenance and development of the Dangerous Goods regulations.
The Aviation Security Affairs sector includes 3 business units as follows:
- Policy, Regulation and Planning
- Oversight & Inspection
- Intelligence & Threat Assessment