The GCAA Licensing department is responsible for all aspects of licensing which include processing Pilots, Maintenance Engineers, Flight Engineers, Air Traffic Controllers, Flight Dispatchers, Cabin Crew Licensing, and medical certification.
Our Licensing team maintains consistent standards in making licensing decisions for all applicants / applications as we recruit competent and experienced personnel to deliver the function of licensing department. We develop our policies, procedures and guidance material in line with international civil aviation organization standards and international best practice; in view of this we consider our customer needs and interest as our priority by continuously enhancing our licensing processes and systems to meet the customer expectation.
The primary functions of the Licensing department include:
- Set standards and guidance for all kinds of Personnel licensing and medical certification based on ICAO Annex 1.
- Processing applications and issuing a variety of licenses based on the skills and experience of the applicant and the type of flights /aircraft that the applicant wishes to be qualified on.
- Provide online E-license application system.
- Provide online E-medical application.
- Address all the complaints from license holders and operators and provide resolutions within allocated timeframe.
- Conduct examination related to all types of air-crew and maintenance engineer licensing
- Oversight and surveillance function.
The main functions of the licensing department include:
UAS Exam References:
- CAR PART III GENERAL REGULATIONS: