Oversight and Inspections
The Oversight & Inspection department is responsible for the following key functions:
- Monitoring the implementation of the National Civil Aviation Security Program.
- Providing technical support, when required, for the preparation of policy, legislation and regulation.
- Preparing the annual plan of scheduled inspections for international and domestic airports, national and foreign aircraft operators, regulated agents, security training organizations and other entities as appropriate.
- Conducting scheduled and non-scheduled audits and inspections to verify compliance with aviation security regulations and programs.
- Conducting Last Port of Call assessments.
- Approving aviation security requirements as part of the issuance and renewal of Air Operator Certificate and Aerodrome Operator Certificate.
- Assisting in the investigation of security incidents and breaches.
- Preparing formal reports on quality control activities.
- Providing technical advice and recommendations on aviation security issues and deficiencies.
- Overseeing the implementation of the Civil Aviation Regulations, CAR PART VI CHAPTER 2 – Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air.
- Ensure the establishment, maintenance and development of the following Dangerous Goods Activities:
- The conduct of Oversight activities
- The conduct of Occurrences Investigation
- Review training materials and approve training providers and instructors.
- Managing the dangerous goods Certification program.
- Managing the Watch-list program.
- Represent the UAE in the ICAO Dangerous Goods Panel and other international related forum(s).
- Deliver dangerous goods awareness and training within the UAE and globally, in both English and Arabic.
- Issuance of Bulletins & Alerts on Dangerous Goods (BADG)
- Provide dangerous goods consultation within UAE and globally.
- Issuance of dangerous goods approvals and exemptions.
And any other dangerous goods related activities.