Intelligence and Threat Assessment
The Intelligence & Threat Assessment department is responsible for the following key functions:
- Providing recommendations to Policies, Regulations and Planning unit for additions or amendments in the current legislation and or regulations.
- Creating and maintaining a National Data system for recording and analysis of aviation security incidents and breaches.
- Providing briefings on threat assessments to the Oversight and Inspections unit as deemed necessary.
- Conducting threat assessment and security risk analysis.
- Preparing regular reports for submission to the DG on the National Civil Aviation Threat level.
- Establishing contacts and cooperating with other civil aviation security national and international authorities.
- Collecting and analyzing security data, and preparing reports as required.
- Conducting investigation of security and incidents in coordination with respective parties.
- Issuing National Aviation Security Identification Card to GCAA staff.
- Issuance of Security Clearance Certificate to Organizations and Individuals.
- Coordinating and cooperating with domestic and international intelligence agencies including the exchange and sharing of security sensitive information.