Airworthiness section ensures that the continued airworthiness and design is maintained in accordance with the civil aviation regulations of the UAE for all aircraft registered in the UAE and ensure the set standard of maintenance is provided by the aircraft maintenance organizations based in and outside UAE.
The following services summarize the major responsibilities of Airworthiness section:
- Approve all Aircraft Maintenance Organizations (AMO) based in UAE or outside UAE which maintain aircraft registered in UAE in accordance with CAR 145.
- Approve all Aircraft Design Organizations (DO) based in UAE or outside UAE which issue design modification for aircraft registered in the UAE.
- Approve all aircraft operators in the UAE for the capability of managing and monitoring the continued airworthiness of their operated aircraft in
accordance with CAR Ops 1 & 3, Subpart M as part of Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and Private Operator Certificate (POC) certification process.
- Register and maintain the registry of all aircraft to be under AOC or POC issued by the GCAA in accordance with CAR Part V, Chapter 1.
- Certify all aircraft to be operated under AOC and POC issued by the GCAA with regard to airworthiness, issue C of A (Certificate of Airworthiness) and Noise Certificate.
- Conduct periodical surveillance and audits on all Aircraft Maintenance Organizations approved by the GCAA.
- Conduct periodical surveillance and audits on all AOC and POC holders with regard to maintenance management.
- Conduct periodical surveillance and audits on all aircraft registered in the UAE through ramp inspections and renewal process of Certificate of Airworthiness (C of A).
- Conduct periodical surveillance and audits of all GCAA approved Aircraft Design Organizations.
- Approve all related manuals and expositions deemed mandatory for the operation of aircraft, aircraft maintenance and design organizations, like MEL, AMS, MOE, MME, Technical Log Book, Aircraft Flight Test Schedule, etc..
- Propose amendments to regulations and procedures to be current with all ICAO standards and requirements.
- Validate Type Certificates of all aircraft above 5700 KG of Maximum Take-off Weight (MTOW) to be registered in the UAE.
- Approve minor and major modifications for aircraft registered in the UAE.
- Participate in accidents/incidents investigations. Providing specialist input on incidents investigation through ROSI system.
- Issue Flight Permits for aircraft to operate outside the limitation of the flight and maintenance manuals with consultation with the manufacturers.
- Answer industry and other GCAA departments queries regarding airworthiness and safety issues
- Conduct indoctrination courses and OJT for newly appointed AW Inspectors
- Establish training needs and requirements and develop skills and knowledge of inspectors and staff
DUBAI - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
TEL: +971 4 2111703
FAX:+971 4 2820847